1 very close or connected in space or time; "contiguous events"; "immediate contact"; "the immediate vicinity"; "the immediate past" [syn: contiguous]
2 having no intervening medium; "an immediate influence" [ant: mediate]
3 immediately before or after as in a chain of cause and effect; "the immediate result"; "the immediate cause of the trouble"
4 of the present time and place; "the immediate revisions"
5 performed with little or no delay; "an immediate reply to my letter"; "prompt obedience"; "was quick to respond"; "a straightaway denial" [syn: prompt, quick, straightaway]
- Chinese: 直接
- Danish: øjeblikkelig
- Dutch: direct, directe
- Finnish: välitön
- French: immédiat, immédiate
- Galician: inmediato, inmediata
- German: sofortig
- Greek: άμεσος, άμεση, άμεσο
- Italian: immediato
- Japanese: 即時の
- Korean: 즉시
- Portuguese: imediato, imediata
- Russian: неме́дленно m/f/n
- Spanish: inmediato, inmediata
- Telugu: తక్షణ (takshaNa)
- Danish: tæt
- Finnish: lähi-
- German: unmittelbar
- Italian: prossimo, stretto, diretto
Immediate Records was a British record label, started in 1965 by The Rolling Stones manager, Andrew Loog Oldham, concentrating on the London based blues and R&B scene. Signed musicians included P.P. Arnold, Billy Nicholls, John Mayall, Savoy Brown, The Small Faces, The Nice, Fleetwood Mac, The Groundhogs, Chris Farlowe, Duncan Browne and Humble Pie.
Due to financial problems the label stopped in 1970 and it has been the subject of controversy ever since. This is especially true in regard to unpaid royalties owing to The Small Faces, who made numerous hit recordings for the label between 1967 and 1969. Despite their success, the band received virtually no income from these often re-released records, until legal action finally secured payments from the present licencees in the early 2000s.
According to Small Faces drummer, Kenney Jones, most of Immediate's assets and income were embezzled by one of the company's senior partners, who allegedly channelled the funds to offshore bank accounts.
In the U.S., Immediate first setup a deal with MGM Records, who issued three singles (033 -Chris Farlowe, 035 and 036-both Twice As Much) as part of the regular MGM series. Then Immediate setup a short-lived deal with United Artists, who issued two singles (047-P.P. Arnold, 050-Small Faces) as E-1901 and E-1902, using the Immediate moniker. Then Immediate signed a deal with CBS to setup a new label series, which picked selective Immediate singles and albums until they had a falling-out. Finally, Immediate set up a short-lived independent label in the U.S. to issue one single (082) and the last Nice album before the label went out of business.
- 001: The McCoys - Hang on Sloopy
- 002: Sam Cooke - The Wonderful World of Sam Cooke
- 003: Aranbee Pop Symphony Orchestra - Today's Pop Symphony (directed by Keith Richards)
- 004: Mark Murphy - Who Can I Turn To
- 005: Chris Farlowe - 14 Things to Think About
- 006: Chris Farlowe - The Art of Chris Farlowe
- 007: Twice as Much - Own Up
- 008: The Small Faces - Small Faces
- 009: Billy Nicholls - Would You Believe
- 010: Chris Farlowe - The Best of Chris Farlowe Vol. 1
- 011: P.P. Arnold - The First Lady of Immediate
- 012: The Small Faces - Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake
- 013: Twice as Much - That's All (Twice as Much album)
- 014: Various - Blues Anytime Vol. 1
- 015: Various - Blues Anytime Vol. 2
- 016: The Nice - The Thoughts of Emerlist Davjack
- 017: P.P. Arnold - Kafunta
- 018: Duncan Browne - Give Me Take You
- 019: Sampler - Blues Anytime Vol. 3
- 020: The Nice - Ars Longa Vita Brevis
- 021: Chris Farlowe - The Last Goodbye
- 022: Small Faces - In Memoriam (not issued in the UK; only in Europe)
- 023: Amen Corner - National Welsh Coast Live Explosion Company
- 024: Various - Blues Leftovers
- 025: Humble Pie - As Safe As Yesterday Is
- 026: Nice - Nice
- 027: Humble Pie - Town and Country
- 028: Amen Corner - Farewell to the Real Magnificent Seven
- IMAL 01/02: The Small Faces - The Autumn Stone (double-album)
- IMAL 03/04: Sampler - Anthology Of British Blues Volume 1 (double-album)
- IMAL 05/06: Sampler - Anthology Of British Blues Volume 2 (double-album)
- IMLYIN : Sampler 1968 - "Immediate Lets You In"
- 001 The McCoys: "Hang on Sloopy" / "I Can't Believe It" (from US Bang)
- 002 The Fifth Avenue: "The Bells of Rhymney" / "Just Like Anyone Would Do"
- 003 Nico: "I'm Not Sayin'" / "The Last Mile"
- 004 Gregory Phillips: "Down in the Boondocks" / "That's the One"
- 005 The Masterminds: "She Belongs to Me" / "Taken My Love"
- 006 The Poets: "Call Again" / "Some Things I Can't Forget"
- 007 The Strangeloves: "Cara-Lin" / "(Roll On) Mississippi" (from US Bang)
- 008 Van Lenton: "Gotta Get Away" / "You Don't Care"
- 009 The Factotums: "In My Lonely Room" / "A Run in the Green and Tangerine Flaked Forest"
- 010 The Golden Apples of the Sun: "The Monkey Time" / "Chocolate Rolls, Tea and Monopoly"
- 011 Barbara Lynn: "You Can't Buy My Love" / "That's What a Friend Will Do" (from US Tribe)
- 012 John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers: "I'm Your Witchdoctor" / "Telephone Blues"
- 013 Glyn Johns: "Mary Anne" / "Like Grains of Yellow Sand"
- 014 Mick Softley: "I'm So Confused" / "She's My Girl"
- 015 The Mockingbirds: "You Stole My Love" / "Skit Skat"
- 016 Chris Farlowe: "The Fool" / "Treat Her Good"
- 017 Joey Vine: "Down & Out" / "The Out of Towner"
- 018 Jimmy Tarbuck: "Someday" / "Wastin' Time"
- 019 The Variations: "The Man With All the Toys" / "She'll Know I'm Sorry"
- 020 Les Fleur de Lys: "Moondreams" / "Wait for Me"
- 021 The McCoys: "Fever" / "Sorrow"
- 022 The Factotums: "You're So Good to Me" / "Can't Go Home Anymore My Love"
- 023 Chris Farlowe: "Think" / "Don't Just Look at Me"
- 024 The Poets: "Baby Don't You Do It" / "I'll Come Home"
- 025 Charles Dickens: "So Much in Love" / "Our Soul Brother TH"
- 026 Goldie: "Going Back" / "Headlines"
- 027 Tony Rivers and the Castaways: "Girl Don't Tell Me" / "The Girl From Salt Lake City"
- 028 The McCoys: "Don't Worry Mother, Your Son's Heart Is Pure" / "Ko-Ko" (from US Bang)
- 029 The McCoys: "Up and Down" / "If You Tell a Lie" (from US Bang)
- 030 The London Waits: "Softly, Softly" (The theme from the BBC Television series) / "Serenadio (Italian Serenade)"
- 031 The Turtles: "You Baby" / "Wanderin' Kind" (from US White Whale)
- 032 Les Fleur de Lys: "Circles" / "So, Come On"
- 033 Twice as Much: 2Sittin' on a Fence" / "Baby I Want You" (MGM K-13530)
- 034 The McCoys: "Runaway" / "Come On Let's Go"
- 035 Chris Farlowe: "Out of Time" / "Baby Make It Soon" (MGM K-13567)
- 036 Twice as Much: "Step Out of Line" / "Simplified" (MGM K-13530)
- 037 The McCoys: "(You Make Me Feel) So Good" / "Everyday I Have to Cry" (from US Bang)
- 038 Chris Farlowe: "Ride On, Baby" / "Headlines"
- 039 Twice as Much: "True Story" / "You're So Good for Me"
- 040 P.P. Arnold: "Everything's Gonna Be Alright" / "Life Is But Nothing"
- 041 Chris Farlowe: "My Way of Giving" / "You're So Good to Me"
- 042 Twice as Much: "Crystal Ball" / "Why Can't They All Go and Leave Me Alone"
- 043 Apostolic Intervention: "(Tell Me) Have You Ever Seen Me" / "Madame Garcia"
- 044 Nicky Scott: "Big City" / "Everything's Gonna Be Alright"
- 045 Nicky Scott: "Backstreet Girl" / "Chain Reaction"
- 046 The McCoys: "I Got to Go Back" / "Dynamite" (from US Bang)
- 047 P.P.Arnold: "The First Cut Is the Deepest" / "Speak to Me" (US Immediate E-1901)
- 048 Mort Shuman IV: "Monday Monday" / "Little Children"
- 049 Chris Farlowe: Yesterday's Papers/Life Is But Nothing
- 050 Small Faces: Here Come the Nice/Talk to You (US Immediate E-1902)
- 051 John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton: I'm Your Witchdoctor/Telephone Blues (US Immediate ZS7-502)
- 052 Marquis of Kensington: The Changing of the Guard/Reverse Thrust
- 053 Murray Head: She Was Perfection/Secondhand Monday
- 054 The Australian Playboys: Black Sheep R.I.P./Sad
- 055 P.P. Arnold: The Time Has Come" / "If You See What I Mean"
- 056 Chris Farlowe: Moanin'/What Have I Been Doing
- 057 Small Faces: Itchycoo Park/I'm Only Dreaming (US Immediate ZS7-501)
- 058 Warm Sounds: Sticks and Stones/Angeline
- 059 The Nice: The Thoughts of Emerlist Davjack/Azrail (Angel of Death) (US Immediate ZS7-5004)
- 060 Rod Stewart: Little Miss Understand/So Much to Say
- 061 P.P.Arnold: (If You Think You're) Groovy/Though It Hurts Me Badly (US Immediate ZS7-5006)
- 062 Small Faces: Tin Soldier/I Fell Much Better (US Immediate ZS7-5003)
- 063 Billy Nicholls: Would You Believe/Daytime Girl
- 064 Small Faces: Lazy Sunday/Rollin' Over (Part ll of Happiness Stan)(US Immediate ZS7-5007)
- 065 Chris Farlowe: Handbags and Gladrags/Everyone Makes a Mistake (US Immediate ZS7-5005)
- 066 Chris Farlowe: The Last Goodbye (From the film "The Last Goodbye") /Paperman Fly in the Sky
- 067 (DEMO) Outer Limits ; Great Train Robbery / Sweet Freedom (an edited version was issued on their Instant label)
- 067 P.P. Arnold: Angel of the Morning/Life Is But Nothing
- 068 The Nice: America (from West Side Story)/The Diamond Hard Blue Apples of the Moon (US Immediate ZS7-5008)
- 069 Small Faces: The Universal/Donkey Rides, a Penny a Glass (US Immediate ZS7-5009)
- 070 Duncan Browne: On the Bombsite/Alfred Bell (US Immediate ZS7-5010)
- 071 Chris Farlowe: Paint It Black/I Just Need Your Loving (US Immediate ZS7-5002 with a different B side and ZS7-5011)
- 072 The Nice: Brandenburger/Happy Freuds
- 073 Amen Corner: (If Paradise Is) Half as Nice/Hey Hey Girl (US Immediate ZS7-5013)
- 074 Chris Farlowe: Dawn/April Was the Month
- 075 Michael D'Abo: (See the Little People) Gulliver Travels (from the show Gulliver's Travels) /An Anthology of Gullivers Travels - Part Two
- 076 The McCoys: Hang On Sloopy/This Is Where We Came In (from US Bang)
- 077 Small Faces: Afterglow of Your Love/Wham Bam Thank You Man
- 078 Chris Farlowe: Out of Time/Ride On Baby
- 079 P.P.Arnold: The First Cut Is the Deepest/The Time Has Come
- 080 Fleetwood Mac/Earl Vince and the Valiants: Man of the World/Somebody's Gonna Get Their Head Kicked In Tonite
- 081 Amen Corner: Hello Susie/Evil Man's Gonna Win
- 082 Humble Pie: Natural Born Bugie/Wrist Job (US Immediate IMOC-001)
- 083 (not used -- was reportedly slated to feature P.P. Arnold's Would You Believe/Am I Still Dreaming)
- 084 Amen Corner: Get Back/Farewell to the Real Magnificent Seven
In US, Immediate ZS7-5012 was Small Faces' "Mad John" / "The Journey" (from the Ogden's LP) and ZS7-5016 was The Hill's "Sylvie" / "The Fourth Annual Convention of the Battery Hen Farmers Association - Part II" (not issued in the UK)
Extended Play 45s (EPs) (UK)
- 001 Chris Farlowe: Farlowe in the Midnight Hour
- 002 The McCoys: Hits Vol. 1
- 003 The McCoys: Hits Vol. 2
- 004 Chris Farlowe: Hits
- MGM K-13530 Twice as Much: Sittin' on a Fence/Baby, I Want You (issued with rare picture sleeve)
- MGM K-13567 Chris Farlowe: Out of Time/Baby, Make It Soon
- MGM K-13600 Twice as Much: Step Out of Line/Simplified
Immediate (distributed by United Artists)
- E-1901 PP Arnold: The First Cut Is the Deepest/Speak to Me
- E-1902 Small Faces: Here Comes the Nice/Talk to You
Immediate (distributed by CBS)
- ZS7-501 Small Faces: Itchycoo Park/I'm Only Dreaming
- ZS7-502 John Mayall: I'm Your Witchdoctor/Telephone Blues
- ZS7-5002 Chris Farlowe: Paint It Black/You're So Good to Me
- ZS7-5003 Small Faces: Tin Soldier/I Feel Much Better (issued with picture sleeve)
- ZS7-5004 The Nice: The Thoughts of Emerlist Davjack/Azrial (Angel of Death)
- ZS7-5005 Chris Farlowe: Handbags and Gladrags/Everybody Makes a Mistake
- ZS7-5006 PP Arnold: (If You Think You're) Groovy/Though It Hurts Me Badly
- ZS7-5007 Small Faces: Lazy Sunday/Rollin' Over
- ZS7-5008 The Nice: America - 2nd Amendment/The Diamond Hard Blue Apples of the Moon
- ZS7-5009 Small Faces: The Universal/Donkey Rides, a Penny, a Glass
- ZS7-5010 Duncan Browne: On the Bombsite
- ZS7-5011 Chris Farlowe: Paint It Black/What Have I Been Doing?
- ZS7-5012 Small Faces: Mad John/The Journey
- ZS7-5013 Amen Corner: If Paradise Is Half as Nice/Hey, Hey Girl
- ZS7-5014 Small Faces: Afterglow of Your Love/Wham Bam, Thank You Mam
- ZS7-5016 The Hill: Sylvie/The Fourth Annual Convention of the Battery Hen Farmers Association - Part II
- IMOC-001 Humble Pie: Natural Born Woman/I'll Go Alone
immediate in German: Immediate Records
about to be, abrupt, accessible, actual, adjacent, adjoining, alert, already in sight, approaching, apt, articulated, as is, at hand, attendant, automatic, available, being, bordering, brewing, catenated, ceaseless, close, close at hand, closest, coming, concatenated, connected, connecting, constant, contemporaneous, contemporary, conterminous, contiguous, continual, continued, continuing, continuous, coterminous, current, cursory, cyclical, decisive, direct, end to end, endless, endways, endwise, existent, existing, expeditious, extant, face to face, featureless, festinate, feverish, firsthand, flying, forthcoming, fresh, furious, future, gapless, gathering, going to happen, hair-trigger, hasty, hurried, immanent, imminent, impendent, impending, in danger imminent, in prospect, in reserve, in store, in the cards, in the offing, in the wind, in view, incessant, indwelling, inherent, instant, instantaneous, instinctive, interminable, irreversible, joined, jointless, juxtaposed, juxtapositional, juxtapositive, last-minute, latest, lightning-like, linked, looming, lowering, lurking, menacing, modern, momentaneous, momentary, monotonous, near, near at hand, nearby, nearest, nearing, nearmost, neighbor, neighboring, never-ending, new, next, nigh, nighest, nonstop, on board, on deck, on hand, on the horizon, on the spot, one-way, overhanging, passing, perennial, periodic, preparing, present, present-age, present-day, present-time, pressing, presto, primary, prompt, proximate, punctual, quick, quick as lightning, quick as thought, ready, recurrent, reflex, repetitive, round-the-clock, running, seamless, serried, slap-bang, slapdash, smooth, snap, speedy, spontaneous, stable, steady, straight, straightaway, straightforward, straightway, sudden, summary, superficial, swift, that be, that is, that will be, threatening, to come, topical, twenty-four-hour, unbroken, unceasing, undeviating, undifferentiated, unending, unhesitating, unidirectional, uniform, unintermitted, unintermittent, unintermitting, uninterrupted, unrelieved, unremitting, unstopped, unswerving, unthinking, up-to-date, up-to-the-minute, upcoming, urgent, waiting, within call, within reach, within sight